It’s important to note the difference between a factory warranty and an extended service contract:
- Factory warranties are offered by the manufacturer at no additional cost to the consumer, and generally have comprehensive coverage for around three years. After this initial period, some manufacturers offer coverage for only the main components of a vehicle (such as a powertrain warranty).
- An extended service contract offers protection after the initial warranty period expires. And they can have other perks too!
When deciding if you should purchase an extended service contract, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Your factory warranty is very comprehensive. It covers virtually every part in your vehicle and can help prevent you from paying expensive repair bills. One problem, it ends!
As your vehicle gets older, the risk and cost of repairs increases.*
Each year more and more sophisticated technology is built into vehicles to improve their safety, performance, comfort and value. These same innovations increase the vehicle’s reliability. However, if something does go wrong, the necessary repairs are often complex and costly.**
Driveway and the Lithia family of dealerships has been providing exceptional customer service since 1946.
Our extended service contracts:
- Lock in your payment from unforeseen expense
- Provide Peace of Mind for the vehicle ownership experience
- Are serviceable at any licensed repair facility in the US or Canada
- Cover both Parts and Labor
- Are transferable to a third party if you sell the vehicle
I am so glad I decided to get an Extended Service Contract for my new car. I am a student and on a very tight budget. After owning my vehicle for just over 3 years my fuel pump went out. The Extended Service Contract covered my tow to the dealership, the part and labor. If I didn’t have the Service Contract, I would probably be forced to put the cost on a high interest credit card. The Extended Service Contract saved me from the stress and an unexpected expense.
– Melissa Gonzalez
Lock in great rates for worry-free ongoing maintenance and care.Explore Prepaid Maintenance
Protection & Preservation
Keep yourself rolling with coverage for whatever lies ahead.Explore Protection & Preservation
Provide the bridge for maximum coverage the moment customers drive off the lot.Explore GAP Insurance
Exclusions May Apply
The information above is to provide a summary of the coverages and benefits that GAP Insurance provides. Exact terms, conditions and exclusions can be found on the GAP Insurance Contract.
*The average repair cost per visit shown above are for illustrative purposes only. Data was compiled using actual claims that were paid during 2011 through 2014.
**The repair costs shown above are for illustrative purposes only. Actual cost may vary by vehicle year, make and model. Data was compiled using manufacturer suggested retail pricing and labor time requirements for the specified components as recorded by a nationally recognized labor time publication for a representative sample of 2013 Asian, Domestic and European vehicles.